After attending cooking class at Rustico where I learned how to make pine nut crusted branzino, I really wanted to create more dishes with that technique. I don’t have branzino but I always have a stash of tilapia around so I decided to make a simple dinner with those pine nuts thought in mind.
- 2 tilapia
- Couple of garlic cloves, minced
- quarter of an onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Clean and dry the fish. Rub olive oil and some salt.
2. Chop onions, garlics, and pine nuts.
3. Cover the fish with onion, garlic, and pine nuts. Sprinkle salt and black pepper for taste.
4. Cook for 15-20 minutes and serve.
I served the fish with a spinach salad with clementine, raisin, and a sprinkle of lemon juice.