I went a little crazy at the food market today. One should never to go to the grocery on an empty stomach because you leave with an empty wallet. Craving everything, I bought quails despite the cost. They used to be cheaper and more came in a package. This time, only 4 was in the package. I felt a little cheated since the meat are so little. Nonetheless, I do love the taste, especially cooked right, so I had a craving for them.
I had gone to Alison Eighteen where they had served roasted quail over beans and brussel sprouts shavings which was great, but probably not at the cost.
Since I don’t have a rotisserie machine, I decided to bake the quail and do some additional things of my own.
- 1 quail
- 1 garlic
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- black pepper for taste
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 4 stalks of asparagus, thinly slice only the top portion
- 1/4 cup of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of white beans
1. Preheat oven at 425 degrees (F). Clean the quail (cut if you want), season with garlic, salt, and black pepper. Set aside for 1 hour or overnight.
2. Cook for about 30-45 minutes in a small casserole to save the juice. This will become the sauce for the dish.
3. Set it aside to cool and use the same casserole to add chicken broth, asparagus, chickpeas, and white beans. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
4. Serve the beans around the quail and don’t forget to use the broth around it! It was so yummy!