I’ve run out of food in my refrigerator! All I had was a measly bag of shrimp, some fish, and chicken, and some really bad vegetables. I went to my balcony and saw basil and researched some idea and found a simple enough recipe.
I would use this recipe again for other types of meat or maybe even fried tofu since it’s so simple.
- About 10 shrimps, deveined and shelled
- 1 tsp of chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp of corn starch
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- a couple of stalks of basil
1. Comine the chili garlic sauce and starch, mix it well with the shrimp and let it marinate for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add oil to a frying pan over medium heat. When it’s hot, add the shrimp, scrape every last bit of sauce. Cook for about 5-10 minutes on both side until it turns pink.
3. Add chicken broth and cook until the broth evaporates.
4. Turn the heat off and fold in the basil well.
5. Serve with your favorite side dish, such as vegetables, pasta, or rice.