I used to very much dislike figs, mostly because I hated the taste of those awful fig newtons. I always thought it tasted like eating paper with some jam.
It was only recently in the past few years that I started to get better experienced with figs being roasted, added to brussels sprout salads and even served with goat cheese.
For this summer salad, I added sweetness on more sweetness. One can hope the summer taste will make this cloudy gray day to go away.
- 3 large leaves of lettuce, chopped
- 3 figs, chopped
- 1 nectarine, sliced into sections
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
Ingredient for Blueberry Dressing
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- pinch of salt
1. Use a blender to make the dressing and set aside. Don’t skimp on the olive oil or it’ll come out a bit gelatinous.
2. Prep salad and pour dressing all over.