Nothing says weekend like breakfast in bed. CSA had included white kale and I really wanted to try this new recipe that my boyfriend got at Mar’s restaurant, kale and pickled eggs. I only started to pickle eggs the previous night so I decided to replace with poached egg for a breakfast meal.
- 2 cups of white kale, chopped thinly
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp of pine nuts, toasted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vinegar
- water to boil
- 1 tsp, salt
Ingredients for dressing
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple vider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
1. Once the kale is chopped, mix with salt. Massage well. The salt will bring out the water of the vegetable. Let it sit while preparing the other stuff.
2. Prepare the dressing. Massage dressing into the salad.
3. Toast the pine nut over medium heat. Set aside.
4. With the same wok, cook the bacon. I used precooked bacon but heated it up to make the oil melt. I set the bacon on a plate with paper towel to absorb extra oil.
5. Mix the avocado, bacon, pine nuts over the sald.
6. Poach the egg. Serve over salad.
The dressing was so good! The white kale from CSA was much softer and easily edible, unlike the ones I normally buy at the supermarket. I was very happy with the result of this dish.