Spicy soppressata are the best invention ever! It’s better than those fake spicy italian sausage and salami. Then I had seen a recipe online for fried gnocchi and thought why not? Spicy fried food is always a good option.
- 1 oz of sliced spicy soppressata
- 15 oz of gnocchi
- 10 asparagus stalks
- half a cup of cherry tomatoes
- half a cup of sweet peppers
1. Heat up a frying pan and lay out sliced soppressata. You don’t need oil since dried meat has its own oil already. On medium heat, cook until meat turns slight color. Set aside over paper towel to absorb the oil.
2. With the soppressata oil already heated up, add the gnocchi. If it’s fresh, you can just cook until it turns golden. If it’s frozen, add about 1/4 cup of water and cover the frying pan to cook the inside thoroughly, as well as the outside.
3. Add the vegetables and stir well.
4. There’s no real need to add salt but if you find it’s not salty enough, you can add some salt as you add the meat in.
Serve fresh and hot!