It’s the end of the year again and I’m back in NYC, avoiding the crowds to have an intimate and quiet dinner whilst watching “You’ve Got Mail”. After indulging a bit much for the holiday travels, I wanted to keep a simple and light meal.
For this tuna tartare, I didn’t use all the ingredients it normally asks for. Instead to keep this sauce simple, I followed the recipe of making a balsamic vinaigrette but without the balsamic vinegar.
Ingredients for 2 serving
- 1/2lb tuna, diced
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil, I used truffle oil for the occasion
- 4 pieces of capers, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- lemon, as needed
- black pepper, for taste
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 2×4 Kavli crackers
1. After dicing tuna, set aside in the refrigerator while preparing sauce.
2. Mix oil, mustard, capers, mustard, salt, black pepper, and lemon. I emulsified it to smooth it out.
3. Add scallion and mix well before mixing into the tuna. Returned mixed tartare into the refrigerator.
4. Add a little salt and lemon into the avocado and mix well.
5. Prepare the cracker and add avocado spread.
6. Add tuna tartare atop and serve with any garnish as wish.
I served the meal with sparkling wine and strawberry. To end the meal, I served ice cream topped with San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa.